Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Letter to Parents

So no one wanted to pick up on my lead hose story. The Rolla daily news did want to print my letter though. We have since bought 2 very fine rubber hoses. They cost a pretty penny but they have a lifetime guarantee. My husband rolls them up all the time because he says I run over hoses. Okay fine last year I did run over a hose end breaking it. (Apparently the ends of a hose are called male and female, did anyone else besides me NOT know this? LOL!)

At any rate I've been very busy. Here's a letter I wrote to my parents, which is just easier than new update.

~~~
There is so much I want to tell you guys! Two weeks ago I had an over the phone interview for eve magazine, which is a London based top "glossy" women's magazine. Unassisted birth has gone crazy in the media over there lately. So I am going to be in their article about women who birth at home unassisted. They also asked if they could put a picture of me and Penelope in the magazine! I'm not sure what one they want, the photo desk is supposed to get with me on that. I will get an issue mailed to me, otherwise we will have to buy copies online. I don't think eve is available in the U.S.

Recently I heard from KMOV channel 4 news in St Louis. They were looking for a woman to interview who has birthed unassisted in the St Louis area. I emailed the reporter working on the story and she said she was looking forward to talking to me more when they closer to ready to shoot the story. So I might be on the news! I hope they end up doing a story, unassisted birth is very overlooked in the U.S.

I have been very busy doing other community things as well. My friend Molly and I started a Holistic Moms Network Chapter in Rolla. It is a national natural family living support group. In addition I am also contrubutinmg to a online campaign against Gardasil, the "HPV cervical cancer" vaccine that they are trying to mandate all over the U.S. I'll send you the website address next week.

I am all signed up for a certified birth doula workshop July 14-16. A birth doula is a natural support person for women in labor. There is a real need for them everywhere. Depending on the area birth doulas on average make 200-500 dollars per birth. Statistics show doulas reduce c- section rates as well as other interventions. They also statistically help women have shorter less painful births. This is very important for women in hospitals especially.

Anyway I had to share all that good news! I am finally channeling my passions and experience in positive ways. It's good to be so busy and productive! I have many great friends in Rolla and we are all doing so many good things together and trying to make a difference in our community.

As far as the kids go, they are doing great. It's a bit daunting juggling everything but I take one day and project at a time. Layla is so funny and wild! Her hair is actually getting longer and more curly. It's precious. Penelope is standing up and pulling up on everything. I think she'll walk early like Sage did. Charlotte is doing softball and it makes me wish her grandpa was here to help her practice. She loves it. The coaches think she is the hardest worker and always tell me how hard she tries. She plays second base. The boys are boys. :)

Anyway I had to share all that good news! I am trying to channel my passions and experience in positive ways. It's good to be so busy and productive! I have many great friends in Rolla and we are all doing so many good things together and trying to make a difference in our community.

As far as the kids go, they are doing great. It's a bit daunting juggling everything but I take one day and project at a time. Layla is so funny and wild! Her hair is actually getting longer and more curly. It's precious. Penelope is standing up and pulling up on everything. I think she'll walk early like Sage did. Charlotte is doing softball and it makes me wish her grandpa was here to help her practice. She loves it. The coaches think she is the hardest worker and always tell me how hard she tries. She plays second base. The boys are boys. :)

Love,
Shauna

~~~~~
My parents responded with "you are awesome" and "I am proud of you. "

It's so so cool to have supportive parent's. I'm very thankful.

No comments: