Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New homeschool blog, the bad and good ...

I started a homeschool blog for more homeschooled-kid related things. I thought it would be a good way to log some of the things they do. I like to look back and see what we've done in more detail.
http://halfdozenkids.blogspot.com/

In other news things have been both wonderful and awful. Here's the Cliff'sNotes rundown: Our family run campground business was flooded horribly by the Midwest floods. The damage is stunning. Our store/bar/kitchen/dance hall was almost completely underwater. Our chickens were attacked and killed by a dog. Ricky's job hunt is not improving (he goes to Texas on the 8th for that other interview) Charlotte started soccer which is great, but time consuming. My husband is really busy with school, but slightly less so than his last 6week mini-semester (which was not much unlike hell). I actually get to see him 1 or 2 hours a night now! Yay! I am turning 30 in 2 days. Waiting to turn 30 is like waiting to give birth, it's exciting and anxious and I don't really feel like doing it, but the only other option is death :) I am happy my last baby will be born when I'm 30. That's just such a great age to say I'm done having kids now. My husband will be 28. What a baby! :P

Speaking of Ricky, things are so good with us. We are so happy and I'm so thankful for our relationship. It often feels like the only uncomplicated thing in my life is my marriage. What a wonderful place to be in.

Well this morning, although a do-it-yourself cereal morning, is off to a slow start. I better get off here. We have stuff to do! I need to eat more than cereal I'm afraid. This baby is wanting juice, eggs, tomatoes, salt...

I am 20 weeks pregnant this week. (photo is 17 weeks pregnant though) I feel the baby wiggle and kick. (I think there is a boy in there) We rub my belly in wonder like we've never done this before. Life is so magic.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Very cool blog, Shauna. I can't believe I've never seen it before! I didn't know Trisha had one either. I'm busy reading....

Denise