Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Staying Home

Staying home is a sweet, sweet job. I’m paid in gratitude from my husband and satisfaction in seeing my kids grow up. (Unfortunately not all husbands are as gracious that their wives devote their lives to the children, but they should be!)

I can nap with the kids or watch a movie with them. I can type in my blog and update my website. I can eat when I want and do the housework as I see fit. Time for fresh air? Lets go to the park. Or six flags. Or take a day trip into the city.

No one it seems really cares about the housework but me, so I can do a crappy job if I want. When it comes to housework I’m an over achiever though, adding to my own insanity. (LOL)

Homeschooling is another can of worms. It’s time consuming, but also rewarding. We rarely get everything done that I set out to do. I noticed we get more done when my expectations are low. We are mostly unschoolers, so that helps as far as time constraints.

But, being a mom is a 24 hour job. And lots of over time. 2am barf clean up is in the job description, regardless if you are a stay at home mom or not. So is picking off dry applesauce off the dining room chairs.

I’ll never say I didn’t WORK all my life.

A research analysis completed by Salary.com reveals that stay-at-home moms would earn $131,471 in annual salary, including overtime pay.

On an online salary generator I was estimated to earn $223,447 per year, because of all the kids and extra work. And that's according to my geographical location, too!

No comments: